The Missionaries of Mary
ACAY Missions was founded by Missionaries of Mary, they are officially recognized as Public Association of Lay Faithful with Diocesan Right by the Bishop of Diocese of Balanga, Bataan, Bishop Socrates B. Villegas, the Missionaries of Mary is a new community composed of consecrated (sisters) and lay members, who live their spirituality and mission in Asia at the service of young people and families in crisis. Through a life of prayer and apostolate, they are called to spread hope in the face of today’s challenges so as to bring about a culture of life.
A Multidisciplinary Team
ACAY relies on a team of:
- 4 sisters of Missionaries of Mary
- 20 Filipino employees (social workers, psychologist, trainers, animators, accountant…)
- 5 to 7 full time volunteers for a period ranging from 6 months to 2 years (2 volunteers are sent by Children of Mekong)
- 10 Filipino volunteers engaged themselves to provide tutorials, animations and different artistic and cultural activities.
- 10 volunteers in France who are engaged in organizing conferences, fundraising and craft sales.