Editorial by ACAY Founder Sr. Sophie (May 2023)4th May 2023
In this year of ACAY’s 25th anniversary, we also celebrate 20 years of the Second Chance program! 20 years of accompanying young people in situations of delinquency, in detention, or…
THE POWER OF A SECOND CHANCE: 20 years in Manila1st May 2023
When I started my mission in MYRC (Manila Youth and Reception Center) with Charles and Egon, French and Austrian volunteers in August 2002, I never imagined that 20 years later…
DISCOVERING ACAY’S ROOTS: The ACAY Youth Ambassadors of Marseille in Manila !25th April 2023
This year 2023 marks a new turning point for ACAY Marseille. Last February, the entire team left for Manila, taking two young people with them on a 10-day volunteer mission…
Skills Hub Training for ACAY Classmates15th April 2023
We’re proud of our first successful training for ACAY classmates and external youth: Resume Making and Job Preparedness! This Skills Hub Training series aims to equip the youth with the…
Since 1997, ACAY offers a second chance to youth at risk aged 15 to 23 years old through creative and innovative pedagogical methods which lead them to recover their dignity and find meaning for their lives.
We envision of becoming a model of compassion which will develop into a sense of responsibility.
ACAY offers holistic and innovative approaches of restoration wherein youth and families in difficult circumstances will re-discover the dignity and meaning of life and take the lead in becoming agents of change.
Five programs serve to offer in depth support in every dimension of the lives of the youth as well as victims of natural disasters trough creative and innovative approaches.
Second Chance Program
- Protection and rehabilitation of young people in detention center.
- Coaching and training.
School of Life
- Familial and therapeuthic environment for young girls aged 14 to 21 years.
- Rebulild their diginity, their self esteem.
- Empower them to find back the meaning of their lives.
- Involving parents of School of Life and Second Chance beneficiaries.
- Support parents in a deeper knowledge of themselves.
- Bridging the gaps in the domain of education.
- Psychosocial intervention for all classes of Society.
- For young people: Formation about peer to peer approaches.
- Building up a Resource Center that people can easily access.
- Opportunity for the beneficiaries to develop their leadership and facilitating skills by conducting recreational, educative and educational activities for the children and youth of the tribes in Bataan.
- Promote the development of friendship and understanding between the people from the mountains and the Filipinos from the lowlands.
We welcome any type of support!Donate Volunteer Sponsorship