ACAY’s commitment to thinking big for its youth instills hope for a better future and facilitates their successful integration into the workforce. This commitment is further concretized in ACAY’s Skills Hub initiative: a training center that reinforces entrepreneurial and managerial skills among young people and their families to equip them for professional and financial autonomy.
In ACAY’s final newsletter for 2023, Sr. Sophie Renoux, ACAY’s Founder & Executive Director reflects on her experience with ACAY, and realizes that the true strength of any organization lies in its authenticity and alignment with its core values. By embracing the Metamorphosis method, both young people and established organizations can rediscover their unique essence and shine brightly in a world that so desperately needs their light.
This summer, ACAY was invited by the Ministry of Juvenile Justice to take part in the Trophy Sports Adventure in Pelvoux, in the Alpes, with the theme “Summit School, a shared adventure”. Rainier, a former beneficiary of ACAY Philippines, traveled to France to share his compelling life story with the French youth.
On October 6, the ACAY Marseille team was honored to participate in a significant event organized by the health teams of the youth prison at the Alcazar library in Marseille. The Director and an ACAY ambassador described the day as “a star in the dark night,” emphasizing the importance of such collaborative efforts.
Second Chance Program
- Protection and rehabilitation of young people in detention center.
- Coaching and training.
School of Life
- Familial and therapeuthic environment for young girls aged 14 to 21 years.
- Rebulild their diginity, their self esteem.
- Empower them to find back the meaning of their lives.
- Involving parents of School of Life and Second Chance beneficiaries.
- Support parents in a deeper knowledge of themselves.
- Bridging the gaps in the domain of education.
- Psychosocial intervention for all classes of Society.
- For young people: Formation about peer to peer approaches.
- Building up a Resource Center that people can easily access.
- Opportunity for the beneficiaries to develop their leadership and facilitating skills by conducting recreational, educative and educational activities for the children and youth of the tribes in Bataan.
- Promote the development of friendship and understanding between the people from the mountains and the Filipinos from the lowlands.